Another way we protect your money
First National Bank Northwest Florida monitors your debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include change in locale (such as when a U.S. – issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent debit card use, we’ll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
Our goal is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number(s) and address at all times.
In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions. Our fraud specialists are on duty 24/7 to review and handle debit card fraud cases. Should you need to update or close an existing debit card fraud case, please call 866-508-2693.
Here are some additional tips on protecting yourself from debit card fraud:
Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and ZIP code
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Card or Account Number
- Card Expiration Date
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is private; never give it out.
In stores and at ATMs, always cover your card and PIN, and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors, or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; take it to register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
When online, you should never respond to unsolicited emails that:
- Ask you to verify your card or account number; such emails are not sent by legitimate businesses
- Links to websites; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
** If you have a debit card ONLY with no online banking access ~ you should download the Brella app to help manage your card.
If you could stop fraud in its tracks, at the very first attempt of someone else trying to use your card, wouldn’t you want to do it? Of course you would! You can do just that with the Brella™ app.
Brella is a free mobile app that helps protect you from fraud by sending alerts when your card is used so you can quickly detect unauthorized activity. You choose which alerts to receive and when. Alerts include:
- Purchases exceeding thresholds you set.
- Purchases made via the internet or over the phone.
- Suspicious or high-risk purchases.
If you receive an alert, you can quickly take action to prevent fraud.
With Brella, you can also:
- Check your account balance without logging in with the Quick Balance feature.
- Find nearby ATMs.
- Submit travel notices.
- Log in with just your fingerprint.
Use the Brella app along with the First National Bank Northwest Florida app for increased protection against fraud.
Visit your app store and search for “Brella Card Manager” to download now.
We hope you take advantage of this powerful tool. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (850) 769-3207 or (850) 234-8326.