Another way we protect your money
First National Bank Northwest Florida monitors your debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include change in locale (such as when a U.S. – issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent debit card use, we’ll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
Our goal is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number(s) and address at all times.
In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions. Our fraud specialists are on duty 24/7 to review and handle debit card fraud cases. Should you need to update or close an existing debit card fraud case, please call 866-508-2693.
Here are some additional tips on protecting yourself from debit card fraud:
Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and ZIP code
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Card or Account Number
- Card Expiration Date
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is private; never give it out.
In stores and at ATMs, always cover your card and PIN, and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors, or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; take it to register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
When online, you should never respond to unsolicited emails that:
- Ask you to verify your card or account number; such emails are not sent by legitimate businesses
- Links to websites; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
The internet is one of the most convenient ways to shop as more and more retailers are online. Our top priority is to provide you with a safe and secure way to shop online with your MasterCard!
With the SHAZAM BOLT$ app, you can check your account balance 24/7, receive alerts about suspect purchases, send person-to-person (P2P) payments with other SHAZAM BOLT$ users, and find nearby ATMs.
SHAZAMBOLT$ allows you to easily and securely manage all of your participating debit cards from a single user logon and manage email alerts for:
• Transactions exceeding a dollar amount threshold
• Transactions initiated over the Internet or telephone
• Transactions conducted outside of the U.S.
• Suspected fraud
• Other SHAZAMBOLT$ notifications
With enhanced functionality to support P2P payments using SHAZAMBOLT$, you can now:
• Send or receive funds with other registered SHAZAMBOLT$ users
• Easily and conveniently create an unlimited number of recipients
• Receive detailed email receipts for all P2P transactions
• Easily manage recipient list